Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Normal Drama"

Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Normal Drama"
Here is an interesting situation where I finally feel like I am knee-deep in “normalcy,” which is to say, that I am caught up in family. Not scary, crazy family, just family-family, and yet it is something of a rollercoaster ride nonetheless.
Most poignantly, this family finds itself enjoying (?) a cycle of life and death. A new baby was brought into the fold last week, while someday soon (we believe) one of the patriarchs is sure to slip away. Elise gave birth to her second son, Julian, and Rita’s step-father, Ross, is riddled with cancer and last night fell down and could not get up.
In between all of this, my mother was recently diagnosed with diabetes, and Rita was in a ski accident and is still hobbling around with a leg-brace.
Tyler is being picked on at school, and Andy just passed his driving test, while Dylan and his girlfriend, Nicole, are on involuntary hiatus because her asshole dad has grounded her from seeing him for the past week.
Rob and I both have cars at the same mechanic’s shop, as the “new” car he bought for Andy has blown a head gasket, and my transmission is getting replaced.
Autumn is a twitter with a new love interest and just marked her 42nd birthday, while I cut my hair and am letting the gray grow in naturally (sigh.)
Last, but not least, the lot of us are smothered in dogs and chickens and sheep, e-i-e-i-Oh!
It’s nice to be back in the fold.
Dan
2:13:22 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment